24 October 2012

Puncheur Cross

The Puncheur Cross took place on Sunday and was my worst outing of the season so far. The course was a long one taking place in the mountain bike skills park in Devon. I liked the section on the river bank and the run up the stairs but it was not your typical cyclocross course. There were some short, steep, awkward climbs and quite a bit of bumpy, wood chip trails. I ended up crashing in the sand pit early on my first lap. My rear shifter got clogged with sand and I wasn't able to get out of my lowest gear. Racing on a course I didn't enjoy and stuck in my lowest gear meant I dropped out after just one lap.

I covered 2.6 km in 11:34 with an average speed of 13.5 km/h and a maximum of 24.6 km/h. My average heart rate was 147 bpm with a maximum of 158 bpm. I crashed before my heart rate had really ramped up and I coasted from there.

In even worse news, I lost my head-to-head season series to Rich, 2-0. I think I could have beaten him at this race, especially since he fell, was run over by the race leader and had his rear wheel knocked loose. That's definitely what I call getting lapped in dramatic fashion.

No comments:

my iTunes