29 September 2008

Midweek Mayhem 'cross #3



Tuesday saw the second visit of Midweek Mayhem to Laycock Park. After feeling better during my two races on the weekend, I was looking forward to this race. It didn't disappoint as I ended up racing three women, including Tanya. I was able to stay with them for the first three or four laps. The lead was exchanged as one person would surge and the rest in the group would respond. I think I lost Tanya during the second climb of the lap. I was able to ride that climb the on the first lap but I didn't have it in my legs for the other laps. On the third or fourth lap, I plodded up the hill a little slower and moved aside for the riders who were lapping me. This allowed Tanya and one other woman to get away from me. Starting the fifth lap, the last woman in the group passed me but I stayed with her. I passed her back a short time later and was able to open up a gap of 10 or 15 seconds which I maintained until the end. Two other moments of note were me lapping another rider and our slower group getting to the short stretch of single-track just ahead of a group trying to lap us.

No comments:

my iTunes