21 November 2008

Midweek Mayhem Finale



28 October and the last Midweek Mayhem cyclocross race of the year marked the end of my season. It was a race I probably shouldn't have entered since I hadn't ridden for three weeks before the race and I hadn't exactly been in good shape all summer. The course was fairly good with a few tricky elements. Still there were the usual climbs just to make people climb. In the weeks before, there had been a few cyclocross events on flat, twisty courses. I'm sorry I had missed those because I think they would have been more to my liking. With my bad conditioning and the sun setting early, I managed two laps before deciding to drop out. The winner did about six laps before the race was stopped. I probably would have managed about four in that time. I rode for 13:39 and covered 3.13 km for an average of 13.75 km/h.

No comments:

my iTunes