23 August 2006

Escape proving impossible

If I haven't told you already, I'm sure you either don't really care or I'm going to tell you soon that I've quit Tricon and will be moving to Thrust Belt Imaging to become a depth migration guy. TBI seems like a good company and I'm really looking forward to the switch. TBI even does all their work on Macs so I'll be working in my favourite environment 24 hours a day. Well, I would be if I didn't need so much sleep.

The only difficult part has been leaving my old job. Those in power have decided it's best to communicate their wishes through intermediaries. I was hoping they would throw me out of the office but no such luck. I'm owed 4.8 days of holidays so I thought I'd be on holiday my last week. Again, no such luck. The latest word, I'm told, is that I'll have to work the rest of my days and then get paid out for my vacation. That wouldn't be so bad but I'm eager to leave and there's nothing to do at work. I'm supposed to pass my knowledge around to others in the office but they either know what I know already, have no desire to learn or there's not enough time left. It also doesn't help that we have no data around which is suitable for training. I guess I should have been more of a bad egg around there. All the previous bad eggs who quit got tossed out of the office right away. Maybe I just learned too much and was useful and important.

No comments:

my iTunes