20 August 2006

ハイキング

Previously posted on 5 Aug 2006

Today we got out and about for a short hike. We went towards Chester Lake which is south of Canmore. My speed skating friend, Arcton, was going with his wife, Yukiko, and their two children. I say hiked towards Chester Lake because Ying and I didn’t make it all the way to the lake. Despite it being a beautiful day, we had to return home early in the hopes that our mattress would be delivered. I hope the rest of the hike was good for Arcton and Yukiko. Waiting for the mattress is trying my patience. Because we missed their call last week, we’ve had to endure days of incompetence by the delivery company. As I said before, last Saturday they couldn’t schedule a delivery because they were doing inventory, please call Tuesday. Tuesday they weren’t answering their phones. Wednesday they couldn’t schedule the delivery because their computers were down. Thursday, they phone to say they’ll deliver Saturday but they’ll phone me back on Friday to tell me what time. Friday, they call while while we’re out at a restaurant for Ying’s birthday dinner and they tell me our delivery is scheduled for 14:00 - 17:00 on Saturday; ergo, Ying and I turn around from the hike early and rush home to wait. And wait. And wait. At 18:00 I phone the delivery company. No answer. The store where we bought the mattress senses some hostility from me and decides to take action. The delivery guy just called to say they’ll arrive in the next 30 - 60 minutes. 他妈的! I’m considering demanding my delivery fee back because this is a joke. Especially, if you include the two weeks of shipping ‘cause the mattress started in Ontario. We paid for our mattress on 13 July! At least they’re faster than the Camera Store. I order my $8 part on 10 July and it arrived yesterday with only three calls by me to encourage speedy service. I’m interested in a Pentax SLR and looked at one again while I was in the store today. They only had the display one in stock. Like a fool, I put down my name to have them call me when they get their next shipment. I think I’ll not bother waiting on them and look elsewhere tomorrow or next week.

No comments:

my iTunes