06 September 2011

Half active transportation

I was able to get in one and a half active transportation outings in this weekend. The half came first on Saturday when LP and I were looking after my cousin's two kids. The eldest is three days older than my eldest and the youngest is a year younger than my youngest. We didn't get their carseats from my cousin and we wanted to go to Kites Over Collingwood. LP loaded up our two in the bike trailer and took off down the lane. I collected the last few things we needed and buckled my cousin's kids into the van and started driving. LP and I arrived at Collingwood Park at nearly the exact same time. I measured the ride on Google Earth once and it's about 4.5 km. All four children had a good time with the kites that they decorated. The bouncy castle and squishees were also a big hit with all the young ones.

On Sunday, LP and I took the girls over to see their grandma for dinner. It was a perfect evening for cycling and, after doing a little yardwork, we got home just as the sun was setting. We had the turtle lights flashing on the trailer, just in case.

There was a bonus active transportation activity today. LP came downtown with the girls this afternoon. I'm told they went to City Hall and played in the fountains. They then came for a visit at my work. We took the bike route on 102 Ave home and were able to cover the 8.9 km in half an hour. Biking and pulling the trailer with two little dozing girls is truly a wonderful way to commute home.

No comments:

my iTunes