07 March 2008

So far, so okay



Commuting to work is going well so far. Three weeks in and I'm averaging three rides per week. There have been a few days with snow and a couple days that I drove so that I could pick 老婆 up from the doctor but, otherwise, everything's been good for riding. The numbers don't sound impressive and I lose a bit of recorded distance when my GPS doesn't know where I am but I'm getting in some distance and lots of climbing. I'm feeling better and better on the bike so, hopefully, bringing up the rear in Cat 5 won't kill me. I've managed to eat a little better and have dropped two kilograms. Only twelve to go until I feel I'll be at a good racing weight! I've got eight weeks before the first race I'm thinking of doing but two of those weeks will be in China.

My recorded totals for 2008 are 270 km in just under 12 hours with almost 2.8 vertical km of climbing. My maximums so far are 56 km/h and 181 bpm, though I rarely wear my heart rate monitor. I wear it for all racing and training but maybe I should wear it commuting occasionally.

No comments:

my iTunes