31 March 2008

Earth Hour Results

As you can read, Calgary actually used more power during Earth Hour than just before it. I'm not surprised but these numbers could be misleading. It was still light out when Earth Hour began so I would expect an increase between the reported times of 19:45 and 20:15 since some people, like me, didn't turn their lights out because they were already off. People who were like me but didn't participate in Earth Hour, would have just turned on their lights so they would cause pre-Earth Hour power numbers to be low. I would like to see some power graphs for Earth Hour and some other recent days. Since it was definitely dark when Earth Hour ended, a power graph spanning 21:00 would show if consumption quickly picked up. Still, it's a poor showing by Calgary as photos show most of the buildings downtown with just as many lights on as any other day.

No comments:

my iTunes